Wednesday 29 September 2010

Last Night's Zebulon show.










The night started with Paul, a performer from Berlin. He played the violin and sang songs in his native tongue. Paul's use of spiccato was inspiring.The set of songs fit right into the ethereal/transient theme for the night. He had a way of reaching into the instrument, something I greatly appreciated.We exchanged Cd's talked throughout the night.

Next up was Zach and Jarret. I've known these guys since I first moved to Brooklyn. I use to crash on Zach's couch back in the day.  I asked the guys if they would be apart of the night and they agreed. The set up consisted up vocals,electric bass, and guitar. The music had the ability to transport the listener. At one point Jarret was reaching crazy high notes and sustaining them with strength and endurance one can only admire.

I would like to thank everyone that came out to the gig. The show was very relaxed and fluid. So many people to thank so I"ll leave names to a minimum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment